Please note that this privacy notice may be reviewed and updated from time to time in line with legislative changes, changes in services, etc. You are therefore advised to periodically visit the school website to be informed of how John Randall Primary School is protecting your personal information.
John Randall Primary School processes a significant amount of information (including personal data) about the community it serves to enable services to be provided efficiently and effectively.
John Randall Primary School recognises its responsibility regarding the personal information it holds about individuals. It implements measures to ensure the personal information it collects is done so correctly and safely.
Any personal information provided will only be used by the John Randall Primary School, partners and service providers. It will not be disclosed unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law.
When deciding what personal data to collect and process John Randall Primary School will ensure that it will:
- only collect personal information that is necessary
- securely hold personal information
- securely delete personal information when it is no longer required or we are required to do so by law
- consider privacy issues when processing
- be open with individuals about the use of their information
- provide training to John Randall Primary School staff who handle personal information
John Randall Primary School uses your personal information in compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. We will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- For the purpose to which you provided the information, e.g. processing information given on a benefit claim for the purpose of processing your benefit claim.
- To allow John Randall Primary School to be able to communicate and provide services appropriate to your needs, e.g. providing access arrangements if a customer has mobility issues.
- To ensure John Randall Primary School meets its legal requirements.
- Where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury.
- Where necessary for John Randall Primary School enforcement functions, e.g. licencing, planning enforcement, etc.
- Financial transactions including grants, payments and benefits.
- John Randall Primary School complies with the legal requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the processing of personal information.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you are legally entitled to request access to any records held by John Randall Primary School about you or your children. John Randall Primary School will endeavour to comply with your request but there may be some reasons where we will not be able to comply in full, e.g. to comply with the law.
- John Randall Primary School will not pass your personal information to any third parties without your consent unless it is required/allowed to do so by law.
John Randall Primary School may use information about your gender, ethnic background, first language, sexual orientation and age to:
- compile statistical data about the population of John Randall Primary School
- assess the take up of John Randall Primary School services by various groups
- assist in complying with its legal obligations
- assist John Randall Primary School in planning the provision of future services
- allow John Randall Primary School to provide sufficient assistance where required, e.g. to provide translation services, use of induction hearing loop, etc.
Statistical use of this equalities data will not identify a specific individual or have any negative impact on an individual’s entitlement to John Randall Primary School.